If you’re a small or medium sized business owner you know that your payroll process is one of the more time-consuming aspects of your day-to-day operations. But there are several software companies out there who are working hard to make your life a little more manageable. If you’re having trouble deciding which payroll software to use, check out the suggestions below to streamline your payroll process without breaking your bottom line.
5 of the Best Tech Tools for Payroll
- Gusto – Gusto is a solid choice for a full-service payroll system. Their software manages compliance, time tracking, benefit plans, taxes, and 401 (k). They have 3 plans: Core for $6/month per person plus $39/month base price, Complete for $12/month per person and $39/month base price, and Concierge for $12/month per person plus $149/month base price. Each tier has distinct features, so be sure to check which is more compatible with your business before committing.
- OnPay – This is a good choice for small businesses that don’t require all of the amenities that Gusto provides, though they do have a comprehensive platform. You can still use payroll, HR, and benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans, and disability coverage. And they’re more inexpensive, with only one tier option, which costs $4/month per person with a $36/month base fee.
- Patriot Software – Patriot is probably the biggest bang for your buck, though it comes with fewer features than the two previously mentioned platforms. Patriot offers payroll and accounting, plus they specialize in small businesses, which is a plus. Their sticker price starts at $10/month for payroll and $15/month for accounting, making them a frugal choice.
- Zenefits – This is an excellent HR platform that can be used with payroll processes. According to their website, Zenefits allows you to streamline onboarding, benefits, paid time off, scheduling, and more. They offer 3 plans: Essentials ($8 per month per employee), Growth ($14 per month per employee), and Zen ($21 per month per employee).
- Bamboo HR – Speaking of HR, Bamboo HR is another excellent option that is similar to Zenefits. They focus on analyzing your HR data to provide you with better onboarding processes, compensation preparation, and company culture building. Also, you can start a free trial today!